NHS Logo
Do you know we offer an eConsult service as a means of contacting the practice. Follow the link below under Access our Online Tools
We will be switching to a NEW TELEPHONE SYSTEM on Thursday 25th July 2024. We aim to cause as little disruption as possible.


Talk to us

Every patient has the right to make a complaint about the treatment or care they have received at Collingwood Health Group.

We understand that we may not always get everything right and, by telling us about the problem you have encountered, we will be able to improve our services and patient experience.

Who to talk to

Most complaints can be resolved at a local level. Please speak to any member of staff if you have a complaint.

If for any reason you do not want to speak to a member of our staff, then you can request that NHS England investigates your complaint. They will contact us on your behalf.


PO BOX 16738


B97 9PT

03003 112233


A complaint can be made verbally or in writing. Complaint forms are available in reception. Additionally, you can write to us at the usual Collingwood Health Group address.

Time frames for complaints

The time constraint on bringing a complaint is 12 months from the occurrence giving rise to the complaint, or 12 months from the time you became aware of the matter about which you wish to complain.

The practice will acknowledge your complaint within 3 business days, and we aim to investigate and provide you with the findings as soon as we can and will provide you with updates regarding the investigation of your complaint should this take more than 10 days.

Investigating complaints

We will investigate all complaints effectively and in conjunction with extant legislation and guidance.


We will ensure that all complaints are investigated with the utmost confidentiality and that documents are held separately from the patient's healthcare record.

Third Party Complaints

We allow a third party to make a complaint on behalf of a patient. The patient must provide consent for them to do so. A third-party patient complaint form is available from reception.

Final response

We will issue a final formal response to all complainants which will provide full details and outcome of complaint. We will liaise with you about the progress of any complaint.

Further action

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint from either NHS England or this organisation then you can escalate your complaint to Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsmen (PHSO) at either:

The Health Service Ombudsman

Millbank Tower




Further information about the Ombudsman can be found on:       


Helpline: 0345 015 4033

Email:  phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk

Advocacy Support

Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS)

If you do not wish to complain, but just want help and advice or have concerns, you can contact PALS to discuss any queries about the NHS.  PALS provide support to patients, carers and relatives, representing their views and resolving local difficulties on-the-spot by working in partnership with NHS staff.   

The service aims to:

Advise and support patients, their families and carers
Provide information on NHS services
Listen to your concerns, suggestions and queries
Help sort out problems quickly on your behalf.

You can contact PALS on freephone:  0800 032 0202

  • POhWER support centre can be contacted via 0300 456 237
  • Advocacy People gives support on 0330 440 9000
  • Age UK on 0800 055 6112
  • Local Council can give advice on local advocacy services