Five free summer activities for children & young people in North Tyneside!
The summer holidays are upon us and here at Living Well we know it can be a struggle to find fun and suitable activities to keep children and young people entertained! Fear not, we've compiled a quick list of some fun, age appropriate activities and events for children and young people in North Tyneside... best of all? They're free! Check out the list below and click the links to find out more!
1. Ease INTO via North Tyneside Council - *Free for kids eligible for free school meals Various dates & ages
"Children across North Tyneside can take advantage of a programme of free activities designed to help them be healthy and active while off school."
2. Film on your Phone via Helix Arts - Various dates, 11-16 years
"Do you love telling a story on your phone? Want to increase your skills? If you are 11-16, come along to Mayfield Community Centre Cramlington to get involved & work with filmmaker Carl Joyce."
3. Children’s Centre Family Fun Days (Shiremoor, Howdon, Riverside) - Various dates & ages
"A fantastic selection of children's activities including outings, themed days, walks, arts & crafts, picnics"
4. DiscoverME Activities Roadshow - Various dates, ages 16-25 years
"Sessions include film nights, games sessions, picnics, Mario Kart tournaments, arts & crafts and cooking. You don’t need to have any experience in any of the activities to take part in these fun, relaxed sessions."
5. Pop up at the Green - Various dates, ages 11-17 years
"Free and fun activities across North Tyneside for young people including mocktail making, arts and crafts, graffiti, wrap making"