Best Start – Volunteer Callout!
Best start is a new project supported by North Tyneside VODA and Public Health England which aims to provide breastfeeding peer support and reduce isolation for new mothers in North Tyneside. It will give guidance surrounding:
- safe sleep
- understanding your baby's behaviours
- responsive parenting
There are currently three peer support groups set to take place later in the year in Westmoor, Whitley Bay and Howdon with the potential to head to other areas in North Tyneside. A project like this is invaluable to new mothers who will receive breastfeeding support, as well as the support to feel less isolated and hopefully make some new friends. Could you offer your skills and time to volunteer?
The project is currently looking to recruit:
- Mothers/parents with breastfeeding experience and a positive attitude towards breastfeeding OR have experience or knowledge supporting families with young babies or children.
- Those able to commit to 10 training sessions of 2 hours per week (most sessions are available online).
- Those willing to have a DBS check done, in line with all staff and volunteers who work with, or have access to children and babies.
- Those willing to complete safeguarding training.
- People who can attend regular peer support networking/up-date sessions.
- People who are able to commit to ongoing progression training.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, drop Elizabeth Fry an email at email@example.com