HEALTH VISITORS – View the team here.
Pam Winn, Julie Gray and Joanne Pearson
Work in the practice and with patients in their own homes. They:
- offer advice and support on a range of health/social issues relating to family health and well being
- work closely with midwives and visit all new mothers and babies at home about 2 weeks after the birth
- run child health clinics advising on childhood immunisations, children’s growth and development, minor illnesses, diet, breast feeding and any other concerns
- support and advise mothers who have post natal depression
- give lifestyle and smoking cessation advice
MIDWIFE – The midwife runs ante natal clinics Tuesday and Thursday mornings at Collingwood Surgery (by appointment), and alternate weeks at New York and Jubilee Park Surgery.
- She is responsible for ante natal and post natal care, the GP will visit if necessary
- She monitors and supports mothers throughout their pregnancy and immediately after the birth
THE DISTRICT NURSES – The team work mostly in the community and:
- work with patients who are temporarily (e.g. after an operation) or permanently housebound
- run some treatment room sessions for ear syringing, wound care, etc
- carry out home based annual reviews on our housebound elderly with chronic illnesses such as heart disease or COPD
- liaise very closely with the Macmillan service and practice GPs in the care of terminally ill patients at home